How CEREC Crowns Can Transform Your Smile in a Single Sitting
Technology has changed the way we live in so many ways. It’s made everything from the way we communicate to the way we shop so much easier and more convenient. It also means we can make extreme leaps and bounds in dental technology solutions to improve smiles like never before. Smile City Square Dental, in Vancouver, is proud to embrace technological advancements and provide cutting edge treatments for our patients.
At Smile City Square Dental, we can now offer you computer-assisted design and computer-assisted manufactured (CAD-CAM) dental crowns known as CEREC one visit crowns. That mean’s we use technology from CEREC to manufacture dental crowns right in our office so that you get the best possible crown in the shortest possible time.
Here’s how this technology can benefit you:
- The CEREC one visit crowns technology saves you a great deal of time because you do not have to come to our clinic more than once.
- The entire procedure involves a lot less discomfort and inconvenience as you will not require a temporary crown between appointments while waiting for the fabrication of your permanent crown.
- As the crown is made by a computer based upon images of various angles of your mouth, you get the best possible fit with CEREC crowns. This will provide you with an excellent bite without your having to undergo a lengthy sitting for fitting and subsequent adjustment.
- CEREC crowns are prepared from a single block of ceramic by a computer controlled milling machine, resulting in a uniform look and perfect match to the color of your existing teeth.
- At present, CEREC technology is used primarily for anterior teeth with ceramic crown material; posterior molars require traditional metal-based dental crowns fabricated in two appointments in collaboration with our expert dental labs in order to meet strength and durability requirements that molars must deliver.
It’s important to note that the CEREC one visit crowns technology is exclusively available through dentists with specialized equipment and training. If you want to learn more about CEREC and discover more about how Smile City Square dental embraces the latest technology to provide you with advanced dental care, contact our offices today. Call us at 604-568-8158 to book your appointment!